410 bore - 2 1/2"
The only available expanding slug for 410 caliber – DUPO 7 has a unique 26 mm expansion diameter – larger than all of the small arms expanding ammunition in similar calibers. An increase of the front surface area provides an effective transfer of energy – 100% of the energy is transferred to a game animal’s body. Such characteristics allow converting your 410 bore bird gun into a capable roe deer or whitetail deer hunting gun just by changing the cartridge.
The main advantages:
- Maximum energy transfer at the moment of hit
- Frontal part of the slug expands to a 26 mm diameter in the moment of impact
- Unique hydro-shock effect for a 410 caliber slug
- Extensive splinter cone damage
- Minimal friction in the barrel
- Can be used in all chokes
- Highest accuracy with a cylinder choke
- Suitable also for rifled barrels
A powerful expansion effect combined with fragmentation provides an increased impact area. The main body of the slug and six sharp splinters create wound channels that form a 5 inch diameter cone 5 inches deep. Seven wound channels with one hit provide the effect of buckshot with the energy of a slug.
Dupo 7 is the only available lead-free 410 bore slug cartridge in the market – an environment friendly solution for small game hunting in lead-banned zones. The powerful Dupo 7 cartridge can be used for a wide range of game animals – not only small varmints like fox and raccoon dog can be hunted, but also roe deer or even whitetail deer. Suitable for use in shotguns (and also .45LC/410 caliber revolvers), the almost recoilless 410 caliber cartridge now offers a powerful slug for a young hunter.