This slug exhibits good accuracy in long distance shooting, thanks to a specially centered slug body. Good penetration capability combined with a large expansion effect makes this slug very suitable for big game hunting. The large slug entrance hole creates massive blood tracks, even in case of a bad hit. After hitting the body, the Rossa 32 slug provides powerful and deep penetration, usually remaining in one piece and not splintering apart.
- Deep penetration with the monolithic slug body
- Maximum energy transfer at the moment of impact
- Frontal part of the slug expands to a 27 mm diameter at the moment of hit
- Hydrodynamic shockwave on internal organs
- Large entrance holes provide massive blood tracks
- Reduced possibility of ricocheting
- High accuracy at long distances
- Minimal friction in the barrel
- Can be used in all chokes
- Highest accuracy with a 1 mm choke
- Suitable also for rifled barrels
- Not recommended for use in back-bored (increased inner diameter) barrels
In the Rossa 32 construction, the main principles of expanding slug and monolithic slug actions are unified. The slug expands immediately after hitting the body. Its frontal part expands from 18.5 mm to 27 mm in diameter, and remains in one piece during the entire slug impact. Like the other D Dupleks expanding slug series, this slug creates a powerful hydrodynamic shockwave inside the body, causing a huge shock to respiratory, circulatory and neural systems. Meanwhile, the Rossa 32 slug does not expand when hitting tree branches, bushes or dense grass during the flight. Like Monolit series slugs, it penetrates deeply into an animal’s body. Such a deep and powerful slug impact effect is especially suitable for stopping large animals, since the slug easily pierces large bones, retains its initial trajectory and reaches vital organs.